Thursday, October 11, 2012

NaBloWriMo #11~~I Used My New Toy Today!~~

I came home t'other day and my brand new lawnmower was sitting for me on my front steps, lurking hunched between my two foo dogs.
Here it is again. Isn't it a beauty?!


I put it together in 20 minutes after reading the instructions. Guys don't do that, ya know...That was including losing a screw in a pile of leaves...pfft.

I even tried it this morning...the grass was really wet because it had rained for 5 freakin' days straight. So I didn't do a great job. It was just a shake down tour...

I'm not keen on the bag thing...it doesn't hold a lot and it kept coming off the spindles. I think I'd rather just rake when I'm done.

I took a break did inside stuff, then sat out with Obelisk. I finished the front yard after supper.
DS came to the door and is like "You hafta go over the same spot more than once? I hate this thing already."
Well, fuck you kid! It's MY toy. Go play with the gas one and let my have my old fashioned one...

I was almost done when DH comes to the door. "I think you should stop now..." I had a small patch left to do...but I was enjoying myself!! I LOVE to do outside stuff!

But my new toy worked fine. Obelisk is unamused with the interloper in her domain...but what can ya do?

1 comment:

  1. There's just something about those push mowers...........we all have our own favorite toys! me - I love power tools!! drills, saws, etc hehe

    ReplyDelete